SHAREit - Connect and Transfer
App that lets you share files between any two devices
The SHAREit - Connect and Transfer Android app lets you transfer files to and receive files from one or more devices across the most popular platforms.
Sharing a file from one mobile device to another shouldn’t be a hassle, and that’s the challenge SHAREit - Connect and Transfer sets out to overcome. It shares files directly between devices, and the method realizes speeds 200 times faster than Bluetooth and far faster than Wi-Fi and Internet. This particular version is designed for Android devices, but SHAREit is also available for Windows and Apple machines, which means you can share between iPhones, PC desktops and more.
The app lets you transfer one or multiple files to one or multiple devices. Creating groups, such as a cluster of friends or coworkers, lets you send files to many people with just a tap or two. You can send photos, music, videos, contacts and just about any type of file.
Although SHAREit - Connect and Transfer offers alternatives, the primary means by which it transfers files is wireless. You don’t need an Internet connection, a local Wi-Fi network or even a USB cable. You also don’t have to worry about data usage because this mode doesn’t use any. In addition, received copies are exact duplicates of sent files, and there’s never degradation or corruption.
The only issue with SHAREit, and this is a minor niggle, is that all users need it. If you want to send a friend a file for the first time, he or she will need to download the app first. It’s certainly not a big problem but can be a hassle when you want to transfer a file fast.
- Transfer files between devices
- Share to one person or a group
- Faster speeds than with Bluetooth
- Need SHAREit to receive too
1. Added the Group Share feature. Group send or receive files by tapping the button on the lower part of homepage
2. Added the Space Analyzer feature in “Received” files. Exactly display and timely handle your mobile storage status, duplicate photos and big files, etc.
3. Enhanced some other performances
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS: Allows mounting and unmounting file systems for removable storage.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.